Thursday, May 10, 2012

EASY MIRROR MAKEOVER

         BEFORE

I recently purchased this great old mirror at an auction at a reaaaally good price.  I wasn't crazy about the wood finish, so, of course I did what???  PAINTED IT.
                                       




     





I thought I'd try something different this time, so I used Gesso instead of paint.  It gives the piece a little softer look.  After two coats, I let it dry, then lightly sanded (hitting the high spots).  That's it!!!  I didn't varnish, since I wanted to keep that soft look.  Wouldn't this be perfect above a bathroom vanity or a dressing table??

See ya'll soon.  I have a great old dresser that I painted PINK and I love the way it turned out.  So, come back in a couple days and give me YOUR opinion.
Thanks so much for visiting.  8-)


Linking to these parties:


http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2012/09/transformation-thursday-no-171.html





17 comments:

  1. Hi Candy: That's a beauty and it turned out so pretty in white..Happy Mother's Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, and Happy Mother's Day to you TOO!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Candy,

    Stopping by from By the Way Jenn Gray; I love your mirror; it would look great anywhere!!! I love the softness it seems to really bring out the detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry and thanks for coming by. COME BACK TO VISIT SOON. 8-)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful:-) Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fabulous!
    What a difference painted!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the mirror, Candy. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosemary. Coming from you, that means ALOT. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a rocker from my grandmother with a similar flower carving at the top and I love how it looks white and distressed! This shows me that I can totally paint it and make it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, Ashley. You'll have to show us the finished product.

    Thanks for stopping by. Check back often. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!!!! What a huge improvement! I looooove the makeover. Kudos to you! : )
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Candy ... love the mirror now that you made it over.
    Great job. Looks so fresh.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z @ Timeless Tresures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Audrey, and thanks for coming by. COME BACK SOON.

      Delete
  11. Candy,
    Love the new look. The lighter color looks fabulous. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I do read and appreciate EVERY comment. I try to reply to all, but sometimes might miss seeing one. Please visit often. THANKS!!!